Happy Monday, friends! I promise that my blog isn’t going to be all about food, but I had so many messages asking for my meatball tortellini soup recipe that I thought this was the best way to kick off the week.
I love this recipe because it’s super easy, a fan favorite, and you can customize it to what your family might like to eat most. Here is what I put in mine.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bag of frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (best if they’re the ones seasoned with basil)
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 1 package of cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 cups of spinach
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender in a large soup pot. Then add frozen meatballs and brown. Once meatballs are warm, add in tomatoes, carrots, and mushrooms. Once mixed in, cover with chicken broth. Once broth begins to boil, add the tortellini. Finally, top with spinach. Let simmer for 15 minutes and then serve immediately. Top with shaved parmesan cheese and some warm crusty bread and you have yourself a dinner.